A fantastic opportunity has arisen at United Services Club. We are seeking to appoint a new efficient and experienced Club Steward/Stewardess to maintain this extremely successful and busy club.
Responsibilities will include the smooth running of three bars, cellar management, stock control, ordering, line cleaning, cashing up, managing staff, maintaining health & safety, keeping real ales and other ad-hoc duties as required. Full responsibility of stock is necessary for which a bond is required.
Applicants should be friendly, efficient, and possess good communication and social skills and work well as a team along side bar staff and the committee. A good interactive relationship with club members is also expected.
The position is paid weekly with 28 days annual leave. Living accommodation of a two bed flat forms part of the contract and is non negotiable.
All interested parties for this wonderful opportunity should send a copy of their CV and covering letter to the Secretary Michelle Brinkley by email or post:
Mrs Michelle Brinkley
United Services Club
160, High Street South,
Temporary Club Secretary Vacancy To Cover Maternity
ROLE OF THE SECRETARY
The Secretary of a club provides the central point of administration, information and communication. It is the Secretary who initially deals with all correspondence and communications, and is a key person to the smooth running of a club. The Secretary is also a link between members, potential members, external organisations and reports to the club Chairperson.
DUTIES OF A CLUB SECRETARY:
• To act as a main point of contact for the club, maintain records and information in relation to queries, all administration and communications including events, affiliations, subscriptions, memberships, bar queries and bookings.
• To deal with the day to day running of the club including all correspondence (both internally and externally).
• To organise committee meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas, taking minutes, distributing and communicating these as appropriate and work along side an accounts administrator.
• To liaise with other club committee members to ensure all appropriate administration is in place.
• To represent the club at meetings.
• To have a knowledge and understanding of roles and responsibilities of other club committee members.
This is a part time temporary role to cover maternity and would ideally be suited to someone who has a social club background. A basic computer knowledge is preferable.
Hours and rate of pay on application. If interested please phone or write to: Mrs Michelle Brinkley, Club Secretary 01582 663204 email@example.com
160 High Street South,